Re: mock 1.2 breaking tests (was: python-networkx_1.10-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into experimental)

On 10/06/2015 02:49 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-10-05 23:45:57 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
>> Upstream will *not* fix the issue, because you know, they "fixed" it in
>> their CI by adding an upper version bound in the pip requirements, which
>> is fine for them in the gate. It is fixed in OpenStack Liberty though,
>> which I will soon upload to Sid.
> [...]
>
> It's a bit of a mischaracterization to say that "upstream will not
> fix the issue." In fact as you indicate it was fixed within a couple
> days in the master branches of affected projects.

Master != kilo. It still means that I have to do all of the backport
work by myself. Or are you suggesting that I package from trunk in Sid?
Or that backports of such fixes were available? If the later, then I
missed it.

> The mock pin in
> stable/kilo branches is a temporary measure and can be removed if
> all the broken tests are either removed or corrected (the assumption
> being that distro package maintainers who have an interest in that
> branch may volunteer to backport those patches from master if this
> is important to them).

I know that it's the common assumption that, as the package maintainer
in Debian, I should volunteer to fix any issue in the 6+ million lines
of code in OpenStack ! :)

I do try to fix things when I can. But unfortunately, this doesn't scale
well enough... In this particular case, it was really too much work.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)