Re: About access to git.debian.org and the DPMT

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> debian/copyright is still not complete - vendor files are still in the tarball
> so you have to mention these files in debian/copyright

Fixed

> also:
>
> $ ./debian/rules get-orig-source
> uscan --noconf --force-download --download-current-version --destdir=.
> plainbox: Version (0.4~b1) available on remote site:
>   http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/plainbox/plainbox-0.4b1.tar.gz
>   (local version is 0.4~b1)
> plainbox: Successfully downloaded updated package plainbox-0.4b1.tar.gz
>     and symlinked plainbox_0.4~b1.orig.tar.gz to it
> dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: applying 01-add-main-module
> dpkg-source: info: applying 02-executable-laucher1
> can't find file to patch at input line 26
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> | This patch adds a simple if __name__ == '__main__': main() statement
> | a the end of plainbox.impl.secure.launcher1 module so that it can be
> | executed directly with `python3 -m ...`. This is useful to generate
> | the plainbox-trusted-launcher-1.1 manual page with help2man
> |
> |Author: Zygmunt Krynicki <zygmunt.krynicki@canonical.com>
> |Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/checkbox/+bug/1255085
> |Last-Update: 2013-11-26
> |Forwarded: yes
> |---
> |The information above should follow the Patch Tagging Guidelines, please
> |checkout http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ to learn about the format. Here
> |are templates for supplementary fields that you might want to add:
> |
> |Origin: <vendor|upstream|other>, <url of original patch>
> |Bug: <url in upstream bugtracker>
> |Bug-Debian: http://bugs.debian.org/<bugnumber>
> |Bug-Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/bugs/<bugnumber>
> |Forwarded: <no|not-needed|url proving that it has been forwarded>
> |Reviewed-By: <name and email of someone who approved the patch>
> |Last-Update: <YYYY-MM-DD>
> |
> |--- plainbox-0.4~b1.orig/plainbox/impl/secure/launcher1.py
> |+++ plainbox-0.4~b1/plainbox/impl/secure/launcher1.py
> --------------------------
> No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
> 1 out of 1 hunk ignored
> dpkg-source: info: fuzz is not allowed when applying patches
> dpkg-source: info: if patch '02-executable-laucher1' is correctly applied by quilt, use 'quilt refresh' to update it
> dpkg-source: error: LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -g0 -E -b -B .pc/02-executable-laucher1/ --reject-file=- < trunk/debian/patches/02-executable-laucher1 gave error exit status 1

Fixed, I think.
The odd thing is, despite the patch looking malformed, it was always
applying and un-applying for me, not sure what's going on.
I did get a source package built though (with a clean git tree and the
upstream tarball in a directory above). If it still causes you
problems then I need to know how to reproduce that.

>> I'll inject the -2 version shortly, thanks.
>
> see Q5 from document linked in my signature

I've injected -3 as UNRELEASED and I'll keep it at -3 until it gets
into the archive. I hope that is okay.

Best regards
Zygmunt Krynicki