Re: About access to git.debian.org and the DPMT

Hello again.

I've prepared 0.4~b1-2 with the following changes:
(the branch is still on github at https://github.com/zyga/debian.plainbox

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
[Zygmunt Krynicki, 2013-11-26]
> > * "plainbox is a Simple replacement for CheckBox" looks weird to me,
> >>   it looks better with lower case "s" IMO (see dev. ref. §6.2.2),
> >>

> > I was reading that and I think that description is no longer accurate. I
> > will write a better one, that describes the purpose of the project as it
> > stands now.
> >

> Rewrote descriptions entirely

please use lowercase "t" and remove the dot from the end of short
description

Corrected

> > * plainbox manpage is missing,
> >>

> > Is it mandatory to have one? I recall reading about not symlinking to
> > undocumented.7. Plainbox does not currently have a man page but instead has
> > built-in --help. I guess I'm asking about the minimum required man page
> > that could be worked upon later.
> >

> No change yet

it's not mandatory but help2man is so easy to use...
(and even if you decide to not write/generate one, let lintian complain
about it)

I now auto-generate both man pages at build time. I was unsure if this is the right avenue (it won't affect cross building as this is an -all package but perhaps there are some guidelines on how to use help2man). I'll work on getting upstream man pages generated with sphinx, which should fix that issue in a couple of releases.

> > How should I inject that into SVN? Will I get commit access to the
> > collaborative repository?

you already have commit access,
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin#Work_With_The_Packages

I'll inject the -2 version shortly, thanks.

> Before I sort that out I've updated the repository on github.
> Please have a look and tell me if I missed anything.

please move -doc package to "extra" priority; sorry I forgot to mention
it in my last mail

Done

I also made sure to fix the vendorized packages. Those are now patched away, totaling in three patches in debian/patches. Two will be dropped by the time beta2 is released. The remaining one has to be carried for as long as python3.2 is supported by the upstream plainbox project but should not change so won't be a burden to maintain.

Thanks
ZK