Re: About access to git.debian.org and the DPMT

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Zygmunt Krynicki <zygmunt.krynicki@canonical.com> wrote:
Hi.

Thanks for the quick review!

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> [1] https://github.com/zyga/debian.plainbox

* -doc package is empty,

Odd, it wasn't when I was building it, I must have broken something before the final packaging commit.

Docs were being added to the plainbox package by mistake, this is now corrected.

* debian/copyright is not complete, there are Python Software
  Foundation, Aaron Iles, Michael Foord and Linaro Limited files in
  plainbox/vendor dir,

All of those will be removed. This is in the debian/TODO.txt, basically none of the vendor packages are needed in recent enough Debian and Ubuntu releases.

* about plainbox.vendor - please use packaged versions of this modules
  and drop them from python3-plainbox (at least mock and funcsigs are
  not needed),

As above.

No change so far

* XlsxWriter is not packaged for Debian and you probably need it in
  Recommends or Suggests (if the later one, we can upload it without
  waiting for python3-xlsxwriter package),

Good point, thanks. I'll do that.

Done

* debian/changelog: distribution is wrong, you want to upload to
  unstable, right?

This one was for Ubuntu 14.04, I'll make a branch for unstable (I didn't expect to get this review that fast :-)

Corrected. The branch 'sid' is now the master branch and the 'trusty' branch is a derivative with minimum changes.

  reason to use different priority); FTP masters will later move it to
  "extra" for unknown reason (I suspect they just don't like me and move
  all packages I upload/sponsor to "extra" ;), but IMO the right
  priority is optional in this case,

Noted, thanks.

Corrected

* add DPMT to Uploaders,

I figured this out and corrected

* Standards-Version 3.9.5 is already out, please check
  /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz,

Will do.

Updated without any changes.

* "plainbox is a Simple replacement for CheckBox" looks weird to me,
  it looks better with lower case "s" IMO (see dev. ref. §6.2.2),

I was reading that and I think that description is no longer accurate. I will write a better one, that describes the purpose of the project as it stands now.

Rewrote descriptions entirely

* there's "XS-Testsuite: autopkgtest" but I don't see any tests in the
  package,

Disabled because of the bug preventing unit tests to run. This will be fixed in beta2 on Wednesday.

I've removed XS-Testsuite until this can be re-enabled

* plainbox manpage is missing,

Is it mandatory to have one? I recall reading about not symlinking to undocumented.7. Plainbox does not currently have a man page but instead has built-in --help. I guess I'm asking about the minimum required man page that could be worked upon later.

No change yet

* I'd use s/b/~/ instead of s/b/~beta/ in debian/watch (to keep it as
  close to upstream as possible), and please escape last dot in this
  file.

Noted, will fix this.

Fixed

Fix those and inject to our SVN repo (that's right, we don't use GIT... yet)

How should I inject that into SVN? Will I get commit access to the collaborative repository?

Before I sort that out I've updated the repository on github.
Please have a look and tell me if I missed anything.

Best regards
ZK