Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 12:08 +0800, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> On 21/02/2013 11:58, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > I'm all for easy.  I have yet to see a full source (regardless of VCS) or git
> > workflow that I didn't find more complex and harder to remember/do correctly
> > than what we have now.  I really don't care about what the new hotness is.  It
> > actually needs to be better and not just cooler.  For me, a lot of better is
> > simpler.
>
> Update package:
>  - edit
>  - debcommit -a
>  - git buildpackage (--git-builder="sbuild -d $distribution")
>
> Tagging:
>  - git buildpackage --git-tag (or --git-tag-only if you've already built)
>
> Import new orig tarball:
>  - git import-orig $tarball
>
> Cloning repository:
>  - gbp-clone git://git.debian.org/….git
>
> Updating repository:
>  - gbp-pull
>
> Looks simple enough to me. How much simpler do you want it?

Why not document the workflow (or any other workflow in Debian for that
matter) by means of an executable Makefile with targets like:

help:
	egrep ^#DOC Makefile

template:
        # Build a script which the user will edit replacing
        # keywords by package name etc.
        # The script will invoke this Makefile with the right
        # values in environmental variables

update:
        debcommit -a ...
        git buildpackage ...