Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On 21/02/2013 11:58, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:12:58 AM Chow Loong Jin wrote:
>> On 21/02/2013 01:59, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>> I've done the boring bits enough that my fingers mostly do them without
>>> much attention from my brain.  If I were going to abandon my current
>>> approach, I'd have to see significant advantages for a new way and I
>>> don't.
>>
>> Somehow I can only read this as: "I've done things manually all this while
>> and it works for me, so go away and don't bother me because I don't see any
>> advantages in having things automated."
>
> If the automation actually made things easier, I'd be in favor of it.  I used
> to manually tag uploads in svn for DPMT/PAPT because I didn't trust svn-
> buildpackage.  Then I learned it a bit better and started using it because it
> was easier.  Then I learned debcommit -r -R and it was even easier.
>
> I'm all for easy.  I have yet to see a full source (regardless of VCS) or git
> workflow that I didn't find more complex and harder to remember/do correctly
> than what we have now.  I really don't care about what the new hotness is.  It
> actually needs to be better and not just cooler.  For me, a lot of better is
> simpler.

Update package:
 - edit
 - debcommit -a
 - git buildpackage (--git-builder="sbuild -d $distribution")

Tagging:
 - git buildpackage --git-tag (or --git-tag-only if you've already built)

Import new orig tarball:
 - git import-orig $tarball

Cloning repository:
 - gbp-clone git://git.debian.org/….git

Updating repository:
 - gbp-pull

Looks simple enough to me. How much simpler do you want it?

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin