Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On 21/02/2013 12:02, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> It is to a degree, but the learning curve for git is subtantially steeper than
> for other VCS.  I've learned CVS, SVN, BZR, and Git at one time or another and
> there is no question in my mind which one, by a lot, is the most complex to
> learn.

I'll admit that git isn't the simplest one, the others are not perfect either.
To this day, I can't for the life of me figure out how to use CVS. Thank
goodness git-cvsimport works.

SVN is simple enough, but so is git when used with only linear history. But
let's not forget the horrible hack that is svn tagging/branching.

Bzr is simple enough as well, but $deity help you when you get incompatible pack
format repositories, or when bzr suddenly decides that your branches have
diverged for no apparent reason whatsoever. At least with git, you know when
you've rewritten history -- you're no longer on the same commit.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin