Re: Switching to git

On Mar 07, 2011, at 08:28 AM, Robert Collins wrote:

>For clarity, the thing I'm referring to is the ability to commit
>directly to a stacked branch - which I think is equivalent to the
>partial limitation you're referencing. I've just checked in #bzr, and
>that is in 2.3.0, which has been out for ~ a month.

I get the impression from following the Python conversion that Mercurial
doesn't have anything equivalent to stacked branches.  I say that because the
folks doing the Python conversion had to implement a 'server-side clone'
operation to fill a similar role.

(FWIW, I also really don't like the repo-contains-everything model of
Mercurial.)

-Barry