Re: Switching to git

On Mar 06, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Vincent Bernat wrote:

>There  was some discussions  about switching  from SVN  to git.  I don't
>remember everything but  a major blocker was that it  is not possible to
>checkout a subtree with git and  managing a lot of git repositories will
>make it difficult to do global changes to the "global" repository.
>
>There is currently a discussion in debian-devel about how to switch from
>SVN to git and they seem to use "mr".

Is this a Debian-wide decision, or can each subteam go its own way?  Because
if the latter, then I would much prefer to see debian-python choose a
Python-based dVCS.  I'm partial to Bazaar, but the upstream Python project
just converted to Mercurial over the weekend.  Either one would be an
excellent upgrade from Subversion.

-Barry