Re: Switching to git

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
> Robert Collins <robertc@robertcollins.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com>
>>wrote:
>>> reasonably comfortable for both.  It's not as fast a git and it
>>suffers from
>>> not being able to do partial checkouts (like git), so it's very much
>>a middle
>>> ground in both advanatages and disadvantages between svn and git.
>>
>>I believe the partial checkout limitation has been fixed  couple of
>>months back - the next major release will include that facility.
>>
>>-Rob
>
> When is the next release expected?

For clarity, the thing I'm referring to is the ability to commit
directly to a stacked branch - which I think is equivalent to the
partial limitation you're referencing. I've just checked in #bzr, and
that is in 2.3.0, which has been out for ~ a month.

If you are instead referring to getting a subtree like /docs only -
bzr has had that for a couple of years now.

-Rob