Re: Making Numpy transition less - pydist file painful

[Sandro Tosi, 2011-11-07]
> OK, let's try to move it forward somehow: so Piotr, you'd like numpy
> pydist file to have 2 lines.
>
> numpy python-numpy
> numpy_strict python-numpy-api$N, python-numpy (>= $foo)
>
> is that correct? as Jakub, I fail to see the advantage of the first
> line, and the second one would still be generated by dh_numpy - what

Jakub is right, first line is not needed, that's dh_python2's default
anyway.

> same question as above - how much do we have to try to complicate our
> lives in the pydist + dh_numpy instead of just use dh_numpy, that will
> generate the correct dependencies no matter the python helper the
> package is using?

you still have to store these dependencies somewhere, no? (unless you
want to generate dh_numpy at build time) so why not do it in
dh_python2-compatible way?