Re: Making Numpy transition less - pydist file painful

[Jakub Wilk, 2011-11-01]
> >could you make it in a way that dh_python2 users will still benefit
> >from it? i.e. extend /usr/share/python/dist/python-numpy file with
> >a second line similar to:
>
> In the other paragraph I argued that actually we should remove the
> first line...

... or replace it with unversioned python-numpy (and then you need
another one for strict dependencies)

> But anyway, I don't quite understand what problem you are trying to
> solve. Surely you can use dh_python2 and dh_numpy together...

you don't need dh_numpy if you use dh_python2 and I wanted to
keep it this way ("just build depend on python-numpy and you'll get the
right dependencies in ${python:Depends}" sounds easier than "build
depend on python-numpy and add dh_numpy to debian/rules"). Anyway,
just my 2 cents.