Re: list of package for python_support -> dh_python2 ?

[Barry Warsaw, 2011-06-21]
> >The next step would be to file deprecation bugs, but I'd wait with that
> >till 2.6 removal from python-all's Depends.
>
> Can you explain why?

I promised Jakub to do arch:all uploads required during each transition
and... I'm lazy (although after scripting it a bit, it didn't require
that much work after all ;-)...

and more seriously: I want to avoid complains about NMUs (although I
received only one after last round) and uploads that only remove 2.6
symlinks

> >I can also disable moving .py files to /usr/shre/pyshared in dh_python2
> >if there's only one supported Python version (I cannot do that now as we
> >still want dpkg to detect file conflicts with python-support based
> >packages)
>
> That does seem useful.  I suppose I can see why you'd want to wait on a mass
> conversion of pysupport->dhpy2 for this.  But you'd also have to deal with
> this transition anyway for all the packages that already use pysupport, right?

s/pysupport,/dh_python2,/ right

I'm still wondering if it should be done *after* Wheezy release, though