Re: list of package for python_support -> dh_python2 ?

Le mardi 14 juin 2011 à 09:56 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> Joss: can you comment on your stance on deprecating python-support?
> Would you object to that?  I know you'd prefer patching upstream Python
> to do the right thing™, but in the meantime converging on a single
> helper might have beneficial effects independent to that (potential)
> optimum.

I have already expressed my disagreement with some of the design choices
in dh_python2, but it does a decent job, and obviously it is much better
to have only one decent tool instead of two.

Overall, as you might have noticed, I have vastly reduced my involvement
in the Debian Python community. The reason is that all the crap that
happened in Debian is still a result of broken designs in Python itself.
I think there is a strong case for not using Python at all for anything
non-trivial (i.e. more than scripting and small applications).

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :