Re: Help with conversion to dh_python2 needed

[Andreas Tille, 2011-04-07]
> Ahhh, this is a useful example.  However, I really wonder why the new
> method dh_python2 now adds an extra layer of complexity to the
> debian/rules file which was not needed before (with python-central).
> I would dream of a helper which just does this automatically.
>
> Am I expecting to much?

dh_py* helpers do not take care of building extensions - cdbs and dh do
(and hopefully both will use python-multibuild in the future).

The only difference is dh_pycentral ignored packages that do not follow
Debian Python Policy and dh_python2 doesn't.