Re: Help with conversion to dh_python2 needed

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 02:07:59PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > (as it can be seen in SVN).  However this does not seem to be the
> > correct solution to avoid this problem.  Perhaps I missed the point in
> > this advise so what exactly do I have to do to build extensions for all
> > supported Python versions?
>
> you should loop over the `pyversion -s` and build the package for all
> of them, overriding dh_auto_build (like done in unittest2[1] repo to
> exec tests).
>
> [1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/unittest2/trunk

Ahhh, this is a useful example.  However, I really wonder why the new
method dh_python2 now adds an extra layer of complexity to the
debian/rules file which was not needed before (with python-central).
I would dream of a helper which just does this automatically.

Am I expecting to much?

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--