Re: Numpy API change?

Hi Barry,

While it is hot:

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> In my copious spare time <wink>, I'm working on code, documentation, and
> infrastructure to make this the preferred way of testing Python modules and
> applications.  You don't *have* to conform, but we'll put out big carrots for
> you if you do.

do you have somewhere any documentation available on this infrastructure
so we could point upstreams to follow? are you recommending nose
as the testing framework? what internal organization of the modules to
support it do you recommend... i.e.  in a few modules I saw (and we
somewhat adopted in our projects) having

project/data     -- minimalistic data sets (if) necessary for testing/examples
project/testing  -- tools
project/tests    -- actual unittests which rely on project.testing

alternative strategy is to take advantage of nose discovery allows
to keep unittests closer to respective code, so /tests is not needed any
longer...

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]