Re: please upload python2.6 to unstable

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 09:24:49AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I never said it is a noble enterprise.

I was responding to Sandro.

> I would simply call it common sense that a group should not allow a single
> person to block an important package.  After such a long time of ignorance
> by not replying to any mail it is IMHO fair enouth to give the
> (non)Maintainer a time of 7 days to stop the attempt.

As log as you leave it as the maintainer's prerogative to nack the takeover,
then that's fine.

> The alternative is to ask the TC but if you ask me the resulting decision
> of the TC is quite obvious and it is common sense as well to save TC
> peoples time.

Why do you think it's appropriate for anyone other than the TC to say what
the TC would decide?

If your position is that it's "obvious" that the TC would confirm Sandro as
the new maintainer of python, then based on a sample size of one TC member,
I would disagree.