Re: please upload python2.6 to unstable

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 08:39, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> I have no idea what makes you think that even more angry mails on public
> mailing list will solve the problem.

Be quiet won't solve it either, sadly. That's proved by the long
silent period that provides not advance on the python
maintainership-side. At least i'm proposing to form a group (and be
part of that) to take over maintainership.

> Matthias has obviousely recovered
> from his illness

>From the few information I got, I think the illness was some sort of
flu, and nothing more scaring (I hope so!). Anyhow, it's not the
problem of illness of mid-December: the situation is lasting a long
time.

> if he has time for gcc-4.5 testing

That's my point: I'm not saying it's something that should not be
done, but since the freeze is coming, and py2.6 is targetted for
squeeze, maybe work on this is more Debian-oriented that working on
gcc-4.5 that won't be the default gcc for squeeze.

> and is perfectly
> able to give a statement to your suggestion.

I don't argue he's not able to reply, but that he's not inclined to. I
really hope to be proved wrong.

> And no, I will not become a member of Python packaging team - I just
> wanted to share my experiences which worked quite good and in all cases
> resulted in either a positive or no reaction of the maintainer in
> question and thus solved the problem.

Probably you don't know (because I, in the first place, didn't make
them always public/well-spread) how many times I've asked to
collaboratively maintains all the python modules he maintain, and they
went all with no reply. Also the packages that are/were already in the
DPMT are uploaded without committing the changes to SVN.

Regards,