Re: please upload python2.6 to unstable

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 09:06, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 08:56:08AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 08:39, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>> > I have no idea what makes you think that even more angry mails on public
>> > mailing list will solve the problem.
>
>> Be quiet won't solve it either, sadly. That's proved by the long
>> silent period that provides not advance on the python
>> maintainership-side. At least i'm proposing to form a group (and be
>> part of that) to take over maintainership.
>
> A group hijack is still a hijack.  I don't know why you try to make this
> sound like some sort of noble enterprise for the good of Debian.

Where did I talk about hijack? If I wanted that, I'd have already done.

'take over' can be a wide concept:

- form a team that contains Matthias and collaboratively maintain python
- form a team that does not contain Matthias and collaboratively maintain python
- ask the ctte to decide who's to maintain python, the new group or
the current maint (that's what I was referring with "pushed further"
in the initial reply)
- something else

What I (and many other people) want is a properly maintained python
package, which is not now.

Regards,