Re: from python egg to debian package : a good example ?

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> Can you point me to a project that is providing eggs only?

For a while my own did, until I realised that tarballs were a better
option. I've also seen distribution entries that have no files at all,
just meta-data.

My point is that it needs to be realised that *if* a distribution isn't
providing tarballs, that's not because PyPI has failed; it makes no
guarantee that *any* distribution files are downloadable. Therefore one
should not rely on them being available.

--
 \           “The lift is being fixed for the day. During that time we |
  `\            regret that you will be unbearable.” —hotel, Bucharest |