from python egg to debian package : a good example ?

Hi,
i'm willing to package a python module (orbited,
see http://orbited.org).
I suppose there's a clever way when the said
module is a python egg.
However i don't find any coherent documentation  on this,
and how python-distutils, dh_pycentral, dh_pysupport
provides coherent python module packaging.
I'd appreciate any documentation, or better the name
of a source package that shows clearly how to do.
I tried reading python-fuse/debian/rules... not learned much from it :)

Regards,
Jérémy Lal