Re: from python egg to debian package : a good example ?

[Ben Finney, 2009-08-20]
> Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:
>
> > [Jérémy Lal, 2009-08-18]
> > > i'm willing to package a python module (orbited, see
> > > http://orbited.org). I suppose there's a clever way when the said
> > > module is a python egg.
> >
> > There's tar.gz on PyPi, no need to use Egg.
>
> This is true for the ‘orbited’ distribution, but only because the
> distribution owner has uploaded a tarball.

Can you point me to a project that is providing eggs only?

anyway, here's what I'd do in such case:
* check if upstream is using VCS (tarball can be created from files in
  the repo), or
* ask upstream to point me to the sources, or
* unzip .egg, add setup.py, create tarball, send setup.py upstream

--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-