Re: from python egg to debian package : a good example ?

[Jérémy Lal, 2009-08-18]
> i'm willing to package a python module (orbited,
> see http://orbited.org).
> I suppose there's a clever way when the said
> module is a python egg.

There's tar.gz on PyPi, no need to use Egg.

> However i don't find any coherent documentation  on this,
> and how python-distutils, dh_pycentral, dh_pysupport
> provides coherent python module packaging.
> I'd appreciate any documentation, or better the name
> of a source package that shows clearly how to do.
> I tried reading python-fuse/debian/rules... not learned much from it :)

You can start with what stdeb[1] produces. It uses python-support by
default now (please don't use python-central or you'll have problems in
finding sponsors[2]). Please read python-support's README[3] if you
didn't read it yet. Examples? - take a look at DPMT repo[4].

[1] http://github.com/astraw/stdeb/tree/master
[2] Debian developers who will check and upload your package
[3] /usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz
[4] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules/packages/

--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-