Re: from python egg to debian package : a good example ?

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> [Jérémy Lal, 2009-08-18]
> > i'm willing to package a python module (orbited, see
> > http://orbited.org). I suppose there's a clever way when the said
> > module is a python egg.
>
> There's tar.gz on PyPi, no need to use Egg.

This is true for the ‘orbited’ distribution, but only because the
distribution owner has uploaded a tarball.

PyPI doesn't generate any of those files, and none of them will
necessarily be there; it hosts the files uploaded by the distribution
owner.

--
 \       “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe |
  `\   or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” —Arthur C. Clarke, |