Re: dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}

Hi,

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
> > > [dpkg-gencontrol complains about unknown substitution variables]
> >
> > dh_pycentral should do it for you...
>
> I am using dh_pycentral (as noted in my original message).
>
> Or do you mean that, since I'm using dh_pycentral, I should not use
> dh_gencontrol?

No I didn't mean that, I just told that dh_pycentral is supposed to
create the substvar for you but since it doesn't I need you to answer this
question:
> > what's the content of the package ?

Because the substvar are generated based on what python scripts and python
modules are found and where they are located... try running the build with
DH_VERBOSE=1 to have more info about what dh_pycentral finds.

Otherwise please put up the package online somewhere so that we can check
what's wrong...

> > If it uses private modules, you should indicate the directory where
> > they are stored as parameter to dh_pycentral.
>
> What are "private modules"? I've never heard that term used in Python.

Python modules (or extensions) installed in a non-public/standard directory.

Check http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy

Raphaël Hertzog