Re: dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}

> No I didn't mean that, I just told that dh_pycentral is supposed to
> create the substvar for you but since it doesn't I need you to
> answer this question:
> > > what's the content of the package ?

Pure Python modules, which should be installed to the system
site-packages for use by the application.

> Because the substvar are generated based on what python scripts and
> python modules are found and where they are located... try running
> the build with DH_VERBOSE=1 to have more info about what
> dh_pycentral finds.

=====
dh_pycentral
        List of versions supported according to XS-Python-Version: 2.4 2.5 2.6 100.0
        Pyversions field: 2.4-
        "pycentral debhelper gracie debian/gracie"
        Pyversions analysis gives: min=2.4, max= (2.4 2.5 2.6)
        (grep -s -v python:Versions debian/gracie.substvars; echo python:Versions=\>=2.4) > debian/gracie.substvars.new
        mv debian/gracie.substvars.new debian/gracie.substvars
dh_link
=====

> Otherwise please put up the package online somewhere so that we can
> check what's wrong...

You can now get it (across my slow link) with Bazaar:

    $ bzr branch http://vcs.whitetree.org/bzr/public/gracie/gracie.debian/

> Python modules (or extensions) installed in a non-public/standard
> directory.

I haven't specified any special locations for modules; I'm attempting
to package a single pure-Python egg, to be installed in the standard
location.

--
 \        "None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love |
  `\                        not freedom, but license."  -- John Milton |