Re: dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Earlier, I had
> >     Depends: ${python:Depends}, ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
>
> By removing misc:Depends, you are simply potentially shooting
> yourself in the foot.

Fair enough.

> > and 'dpkg-gencontrol' complained about every one of those.
>
> This is a misfeature of dpkg-gencontrol.

Is 'dh_gencontrol' not useful then? If not, why is it in the
boilerplate created by 'dh_make'? If it is useful, what am I doing
differently that it triggering its misfeatures?

--
 \     "My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted."  -- Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |