Re: dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
> > > and 'dpkg-gencontrol' complained about every one of those.
> >
> > This is a misfeature of dpkg-gencontrol.
>
> Is 'dh_gencontrol' not useful then? If not, why is it in the
> boilerplate created by 'dh_make'? If it is useful, what am I doing
> differently that it triggering its misfeatures?

Please read man dh_gencontrol... of course that it's still required. A
debian package without a control file is not a Debian package.

dpkg-gencontrol spits outs useless warnings but the work done is still
essential to the creation of a Debian package.

Raphaël Hertzog