Re: debian/pycompat usage?

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 09:53:20AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le dimanche 27 août 2006 à 23:33 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :

> > changing from day to day in unstable.  I have never heard anyone object that
> > any single proposal was too complicated.

> This is the general impression I get from reading this list (people
> asking for NMUs for changes that should have been trivial), private
> discussion with maintainers, and bug reports. This transition may have
> uncovered some packages that were already unmaintained, but it has also
> discouraged some maintainers who thought they needed more time to
> understand the "new policy".

Speaking as someone who ended up asking for help I found that the
problem wasn't understanding the policy itself but rather with
understanding how to implement it.  When I came to do the transition I
spent quite a bit of time trying to work out on what basis to choose
between the two different ways of supporting the new policy with
debhelper since there is so little difference between the two from the
user point of view but noticable differences in the end results.  Had
there been agreement on the implementation side I wouldn't have been so
confused - I spent most of my time assuming that I must be missing
something.