debian/pycompat usage?

Hello

I've somewhat lost track of the exact current status of the new
policy.

AIUI debian/pycompat is not needed anymore currently as dh_python has
enough by having the XS-Python-Version field, while if you are using
python-support dh_python is not used at all anymore so it doesn't need
the debian/pycompat anymore either.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Also the wiki needs updating to
reflect this, so if no one corrects me I will do that (unless someone
beats me to it).

Also, fairly unrelated, since pyversions is part of the python package
should we build-depend on python?  I found somewhere that
build-depending on python-all-dev (>= 2.3.5-11) is sufficient to pull
in pyversions, is that really the appropriate way though?  I would
prefer to list python directly as dependency instead of indirect.

Cheers
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom