Re: debian/pycompat usage?

Le ven 25 août 2006 03:50, Floris Bruynooghe a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I've somewhat lost track of the exact current status of the new
> policy.
>
> AIUI debian/pycompat is not needed anymore currently as dh_python has
> enough by having the XS-Python-Version field, while if you are using
> python-support dh_python is not used at all anymore so it doesn't
> need the debian/pycompat anymore either.
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Also the wiki needs updating to
> reflect this, so if no one corrects me I will do that (unless someone
> beats me to it).

debian/pycompat is needed if you want dh_python to do the substitution.
You also can (atm) use dh_pysupport do it alone, in that case you must
not use debian/pycompat, neither dh_python.

> Also, fairly unrelated, since pyversions is part of the python
> package should we build-depend on python?  I found somewhere that
> build-depending on python-all-dev (>= 2.3.5-11) is sufficient to pull
> in pyversions, is that really the appropriate way though?  I would
> prefer to list python directly as dependency instead of indirect.

it depends. if you build for a pythonX.Y you should just B-D on
pythonX.Y-dev, if you build for current on python-dev, if you do a
multi-build you should use python-all-dev.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit