Re: RFS: harvestman web crawler - needs updation!

Piotr Ozarowski <ozarow <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > dh_fixperms will do the job
> >
> > Removed.
>
> Hmm... I pasted one line too much - config.xml file is installed with
> dh_installexamples and thus permissions are not changed, please change
> them manually as you did before (I hope you're not mad at me that I
> didn't test it further; `find ...|chmod ...` changed permissions in upstream
> sources as well, and thats why I didn't notice that before, sorry)

I remember that I went through all this initially, and that is why I had that
line. I'm was not too sure why you asked me to remove it, but didn't realise
that it caused this because I forgot that it was needed! I have put it back now.

> use:
> find ./debian/harvestman/usr/ -name '*\.py' | xargs sed -i -e '1
s|^#\!.*python.*|#!/usr/bin/$(PYTHON)|'

> (you used "python2.4" again, with "$(PYTHON)" it will be easier when
> current python will be greater than 2.4)

Ah, missed that! It's OK now.

> You're now making link to /usr/share/pycentral/..., please use:
> dh_link -i /usr/lib/$(PYTHON)/site-packages/HarvestMan/harvestman.py
/usr/bin/harvestman
> instead (compiled files will be placed in /usr/lib/...)

Done.

> > Please get back to me for corrections.
>
> It's not very important, but if I were you, I would remove configure*
> rules (they're not used) and collapse build-$(PYTHON), build-common and
> build-common-stamp into build-stamp, same with install-$(PYTHON) /
> install-prereq

Done.

> One more thing: please bump debhelper version in Build-Depends to
> 5.0.37.3 (fixed python version in XS-Python-Version parsing issue)

Done. Now, I think there aren't too many things that need to be changed. But
tell me if anything else is needed, and I shall do the needful. This discussion
was fruitful, for two reasons. One is, I cleaned up rules. Two, the new policy
takes time getting used to, but solves a lot of the problems with the old way of
building Python packages, I feel.

Thanks a lot.

Kumar