Re: RFS: harvestman web crawler - needs updation!

Piotr Ozarowski <ozarow <at> gmail.com> writes:
> $ lintian --version
> Lintian v1.23.22
> $ lintian ../harvestman_1.4.6-3.dsc
> E: harvestman source: debian-rules-missing-required-target binary-arch

I have added it.

> These lines are not needed:
>
>  find ./doc |xargs chmod 644
>  find -name 'config.xml' | xargs chmod 644
>
> dh_fixperms will do the job

Removed.

> Line ("install-$(PYTHON)" rule)
>  find debian/harvestman -name '*.py[co]' -exec rm -f {} \;
> is also not needed, python-central will remove *.py[co] files automatically
> (please don't remove the one from clean rule)

Done.

> I don't know why, but dh_python didn't set hashbangs correctly (it's not
> changing them at all). I will try to investigate it later, for now please use
> sed again, sorry.

Done.

> * please update DH_COMPAT var. in debian/rules (you still have "4" there):
>   (I recommend using debian/compat file instead, you will not have to export
>   DH_COMPAT=5 in order to run dh_* manually without warnings/errors)

Done.

> * remove debian/harvestman.links file and use dh_link in debian/rules
>   (you have hardcoded "python2.4" there)

Sorry, missed that! Set it right now.

> * dh_installchangelogs, dh_installdocs and dh_installexamples are called
twice, see
>   install-$(PYTHON) and binary-indep rules

They are now run only once.

> BTW: it would be easier (at least for me ;-P) if you could provide direct link
> to .dsc file in your mails (I use dget to download all necessary files)

Done.
http://kumar.travisbsd.org/debpackages/harvestman_1.4.6-3.dsc

And many thanks for your patient response. The rules file looks a lot better now!

Please get back to me for corrections.

Kumar