Re: RFS: harvestman web crawler - needs updation!

Kumar Appaiah (akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in):
> Piotr Ozarowski <ozarow <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > These lines are not needed:
> >
> >  find ./doc |xargs chmod 644
> >  find -name 'config.xml' | xargs chmod 644
> >
> > dh_fixperms will do the job
>
> Removed.

Hmm... I pasted one line too much - config.xml file is installed with
dh_installexamples and thus permissions are not changed, please change
them manually as you did before (I hope you're not mad at me that I
didn't test it further; `find ...|chmod ...` changed permissions in upstream
sources as well, and thats why I didn't notice that before, sorry)

> > I don't know why, but dh_python didn't set hashbangs correctly (it's not
> > changing them at all). I will try to investigate it later, for now please use
> > sed again, sorry.
>
> Done.

use:
find ./debian/harvestman/usr/ -name '*\.py' | xargs sed -i -e '1 s|^#\!.*python.*|#!/usr/bin/$(PYTHON)|'

(you used "python2.4" again, with "$(PYTHON)" it will be easier when
current python will be greater than 2.4)

> > * remove debian/harvestman.links file and use dh_link in debian/rules
> >   (you have hardcoded "python2.4" there)
>
> Sorry, missed that! Set it right now.

You're now making link to /usr/share/pycentral/..., please use:
dh_link -i /usr/lib/$(PYTHON)/site-packages/HarvestMan/harvestman.py /usr/bin/harvestman
instead (compiled files will be placed in /usr/lib/...)

> And many thanks for your patient response. The rules file looks a lot better now!

Heh, hope you will forgive me my mistakes as well ;-)

> Please get back to me for corrections.

It's not very important, but if I were you, I would remove configure*
rules (they're not used) and collapse build-$(PYTHON), build-common and
build-common-stamp into build-stamp, same with install-$(PYTHON) /
install-prereq

One more thing: please bump debhelper version in Build-Depends to
5.0.37.3 (fixed python version in XS-Python-Version parsing issue)

--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-