Re: Removing 4suite from Woody [Re: Please test new 4suite]

On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 23:36, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Alexandre <Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr> writes:
>
> > I've looked at the problem at hand, carefully, and here's what I've been
> > able to figure out:

>   Thanks a lot.
>
> > remove python-4suite-0.11.1 from woody and push hard to patch
> > python-xml-0.7.1 to fix the xml.xslt bugs
>
>   I think this going to happen if noone objects. I cannot change
>   the current python-xml since it would break boot-floppies.
>   4suite will however stay in unstable and the final 4suite 0.12
>   will fix the current problems.

Hey, followed you here.

Debian newbie question, here.  How does the progression of packages go
within stable?  Once 0.12.0 emerges, can the sources pick it up, or is
it pretty much locked out of stable for all time?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +1 720 320 2046
4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management
Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
http://www.xmlconference.com/
Latest article: Managing structured Web service metadata -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsdlrdf/
Latest article: WSDL and the Wild, Wild West -
http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6004
Next presentation: XML, The Model Driven Architecture, and RDF @ XML
Europe - http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/kttrack.asp#themodel