Re: Debian Python policy & Upgrade Path (draft/proposal)

Donovan Baarda writes:
> Good point... I'd forgotten about that. This means we might as well go
> strait to python2.1 as the default, but make sure that the python2.1-xxx
> packages have versioned conflicts with all the packages that depend on just
> python or python-base and install into /usr/lib/python1.5/. Perhaps the best
> way to do this is have python-base (2.1xxx) have all the conflicts, allowing
> the other packages to be relatively clean.

I've made python packages defaulting to 2.1 (not in incoming) and have
put them on ftp-master.

	deb http://ftp-master.debian.org/~doko/python ./

There is a second (currently empty) directory writable for Debian,
which could serve as a place to collect NMUs for the new schema.

	deb http://ftp-master.debian.org/~doko/python-nmus ./

Comments are welcome.