Re: Proposal: Reorganizing Python for Python2 (and fixes for the previous proposal)

On 10 Jan 2001 09:16:51 -0600, Rob Tillotson <robt@debian.org> wrote:

> Python 1.5 and 2.0 --- there is also jpython, stackless, perhaps
> even python.net, and it might eventually be desirable to have all of
> these installed side-by-side with separate sets of library modules.

Only CPython uses .pycs. Stackless uses the same PYCs as the
corresponding version of CPython, JPython uses .class files.
Python.NET is MS vapour, so I have no idea what it uses.

> Of course, add-ons with .so modules would necessarily be compatible
> with only one interpreter

Not neccessarily: the API version doesn't change as often as the
Python version.

--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.