Re: Proposal: Reorganizing Python for Python2 (and fixes for the previous proposal)

On 10 Jan 2001 10:07:16 -0600, Rob Tillotson <robt@debian.org> wrote:

> > (Does anyone know where the bytecode format is documented?  I am
> > interested in understanding how bytecode works and is designed.)
>
> As far as I know it's only documented in the source.  The standard
> module "dis.py" might be useful to look at as well (it's a bytecode
> disassembler).

Note that unlike other languages, Python bytecodes are not just
strings, they're objects. This means that bytecodes can keep references
to other byte codes. .pyc's are actually marshalled code objects
(see the Python marshal module). They're not documented on purpose:
they change.

--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.