Re: Proposal: Reorganizing Python for Python2 (and fixes for the previous proposal)

On 11 Jan 2001 12:34:14 -0600, Rob Tillotson <robt@debian.org> wrote:

> But for purposes of packaging infrastructure, we can't rely on that.

Right -- but it does mean each installed version of Python should
know what API version it needs, and installed extensions should
know what API version they build against. That means we have directories
per API version for .so's, and the correct directories are added to the
Python versions.

> p.s. why the heck does everybody seem to think cc:ing mailing list
> postings is a good idea?  stop, please!  I'm on the mailing list, I
> don't need to see it again...

You can setup Mail-Followup-To, or X-No-Cc, or something to let us
know, you know <wink>
(Though PMS doesn't support that yet, I do try to compensate by hand...)
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.