Re: Policy for naming python packages

Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> writes:

> I am not a priori against, but there has to be a limit somewhere, and I guess
> this is a borderline case.
Again, to my mind, it is a practical reason: it would be better to know
that htmlgen is a set of python classes, what you cannot guess as
the package name has no reference to python (not even "pysomething").
The 'interpreter' section has a very broad meaning.

> (why not name all the binary files with bin- prefix, all packages dealing with
  :-) no, because 'bin' directories bring a meaning to what they contain.

> sound with sound- prefix etc...)
  sound packages are in the "sound" section, so useless prefix :-)

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ingénierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |