Re: Policy for naming python packages

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 11:16:13AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do all Debian python packages have to be prefixed by 'python-' ?

that is probably not necessary, compare with packages written in perl
(latex2html came to my mind immediately)

If you are writting a package _for_ python, such as python-mpz, it is
appropriate if mpz is a standalone library, otherwise aesthetic
criteria apply :-)

I would rather not go for renaming upstream packages, to avoid confusion.

IMHO & IANAD