Re: Please review/translate Asia security mirror announcement

Hi,

On Thu Jan 29, 2015 at 13:41:04 +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > Justin B Rye wrote:
> >> This could be improved if we knew for sure what we were announcing!
> >
> > The new host is a additional machine in the official security.debian.org
> > mirror network, which now gives better RTT for the whole asia region and
> > a better geo redundancy.  Maybe that helps for understanding why this
> > machine is so important.
>
> Thanks, but the question is what it is that has changed, and what
> SAKURA Internet, Inc did to help.  The original text seemed to say
> there was some machine already hosting security.debian.org that they
> helped to relocate to Japan:

there never was an official security mirror for the asia region. SAKURA
Internet provided the hardware and the hosting, so we now have resources
in the asia region go give the asia region better RTT for
security.debian.org. Up to now the asia region needed to get security
updates from security.debian.org from anywhere in the world, which was
either US or EU (two hosts per continent). Now they have one for their
own continent.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster