Re: Using social media channels for DC15

also sprach Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> [2014-05-07 12:24 +0200]:
> debian@identi.ca is an "official" social media channel for Debian.

Right. DebConf ist an "official" project of Debian, so we would be
allowed to push stuff out that channel?

> Indeed, workflow for debian@identi.ca:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/Identica

Oh, if I had known to look for "dents"… I thought that was some sort
of internal magic special hashtag thing. I am clearly to old for
social networking ;)

Okay, this workflow is doable, but if we plan to send 100 of those
over the next year, wouldn't direct access be better?

> Some info about the others is here:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/otherSN
>
> > Or could we get access to the channels and publish ourselves?
>
> We definitely need more people to join the publicity team and work on
> bits.d.o, DPN, debian@identi.ca etc.

We won't be able to jump on and help while in the process of
organising DC15. However, I read your comment to mean "if you want
DC15-related stuff pushed out, it would be best if one or two people
from your team joined d-publicity and did it themselves."

If that is correct, then can you give me a quick idea of the
process? I want to send out http://titanpad.com/lwJuODjrAL one of
these days to get DC15 press work started.

> One idea I had for how we would like Debian publicity stuff to move
> towards working in the future, no implementation yet though:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2014/03/msg00035.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00196.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2013/10/msg00008.html

I like the idea of publishing an RSS feed, including a tag such as
microblog, and then having "consumers" to proxy the news bits to the
various channels out there. Now someone just has to do it. I think
this would make a great GSoC project or the like.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"gilmour's guitar sounds good
 whether you've got a bottle of cider in your hand
 or a keyboard and a mouse."
                                                -- prof. bruce maxwell