Re: Do we want to translate bits.d.o?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:

> Now, from a non technical angle, do we want to translate the posts published
> in bits.d.o?

Often I find people translating Debian press material and publishing
on their blogs/social media. I think if we have volunteers willing to
translate, moving those translations to the official sites can only be
a good thing and help to reach more folks.

> how we should organize all the press/publicity/advertisement media
> in Debian more effectively [2]
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00190.html

I think that is quite related to my posts here:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00196.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2013/10/msg00008.html

In short: publish to debian.org services, automatically send out posts
to external sites like social media and news sites. Since social media
and news sites usually have commenting by the general public, build up
a community of people who read external sites and respond to responses
to Debian press information where needed.

For the other side of this, we should streamline our processes and
document them on the wiki so that other Debian people can understand
how things work and how to get some news into our publicity process.
To avoid blockages we should make the process encourage people
submitting news to be actually writing the news and then only have
publicity folks edit and approve it.

--
bye,
pabs