Re: Using social media channels for DC15

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 5:39 PM, martin f krafft wrote:

> Debian has accounts on Twitter, Identi.ca, maybe even Facebook and
> G+, and it seems like you guys are in charge of those.

debian@identi.ca is an "official" social media channel for Debian. The
other social/news/etc media are added by individual Debian
members/contributors/enthusiasts that are comfortable with using those
media.

https://identi.ca/debian

> Would you be able to help, for instance by relaying whatever we
> send to you? Is there a workflow for this?

Indeed, workflow for debian@identi.ca:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/Identica

Some info about the others is here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/otherSN

> Or could we get access to the channels and publish ourselves?

We definitely need more people to join the publicity team and work on
bits.d.o, DPN, debian@identi.ca etc.

One idea I had for how we would like Debian publicity stuff to move
towards working in the future, no implementation yet though:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2014/03/msg00035.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00196.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2013/10/msg00008.html

--