Re: [RFR] wml://News/weekly/2012/04/index.wml

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:01:50PM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
> It was a serious update to old data: when I started looking the only
> article I could remember was putting the value at US$1.9 Billion. I also
> put this article past three other DD's days before it went public,
> including the DPL and a previous DPL to get any concerns from them, as
> well as the private press@d.o email list (there were none).

FWIW, I find the fact above completely unrelated to the discussion at
hand. In fact, I did wonder why you mailed me and press@d.o, but I've
been nevertheless happy to provide you with some pointers to related
work, of which I was aware due to my research activity.

But you did contact us making it very clear that the content was meant
to appear on your *personal* blog. Therefore, neither me nor the press
team (AFAIK) bother discussing --- or even thinking about --- the
appropriateness of the content on more official Debian media.

I'm not sure if your text mail was meant to imply otherwise. But I'm
sure my answer would've been radically different if you had asked
something along the lines of "what do you think of publishing this as a
Debian Project announcement?".

Cheers.