Re: [RFR] wml://News/weekly/2012/04/index.wml

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 07:31:07PM +0100, fred wrote:
> Hi Francesca,
>
> sorry to come without invitation in your life !

You're welcome :)

> New on the debian-l10n-french@lists.debian.org, cause feel it's time
> now to give away some for what received from the Community last 6
> years IIRC of dates, I have read the weekly news mentionned as
> object of this mail, and can't believe what have seen : give to
> Debian a $Bn value ???
>
> I only see 2 alternatives :
> *1/ a joke, so someone have to wait till the 1st of April,
> *2/ not a joke, so like to say the following, to convince to erase
> this article, as asked before by David Prévot - you mentionned him
> in :
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2012/02/msg00049.html
> -and he invited me to write these lines to you, when he read from me
> this morning, something like :

(evil taffit!)

> "What is this mania which have some to always give a monetary value
> to everything? The author of this article, decides on salary for
> hundreds (thousands) of human beings who "perspire" on their
> keyboards after work ? In fact, this man, against the advice of the
> volunteers - who  get involved for free in the Community, and thus
> demonetize their actions - comes to decide on their salary ? Even
> more, if possible, against the advice of universities and others
> which put of the equipment and premises, free of charge, this man
> comes to decide on the prices for the equipment and the rentals ???"

As said, I don't think that the real value of Debian could be quantify
economically.
I was quite unsure about put it in or not, just because - as Debian
is the Universal Operating System - DPN needs to include various
aspect of it, not only my personal view of what is Debian (or yours).

But DPN is also a collective effort, and I'm totally fine with remove articles,
if people of the team feel uncomfortable with them.

> As an humble member of the Debian users, as a free man, watch this
> article on line seems like, hmm ;-) really depreciate our good OS.
>
> Please put it out !

Just done, with great joy and pleasure, by David.

Now, that you have found time to write about it, I hope you'll find time to
contribute to DPN, as well: we always need help!

Cheers,
Francesca
--
"Nostra patria è il mondo intero