Re: [Re: Debian mirrors in China]

Hi!

Am 16.05.2011 12:16, schrieb Jeremiah Foster:

> I'm not Aron, but I'd thought I'd help debian-publicity get started on an announcement. Please find my first draft inlined;

Reads very good, many thanks.  A slight improvement would be to add,
say, what archives are mirrored there.  As far as I can see, we have the
regular debian archive, debian-cd, debian-backports, and the legacy
debian-volatile archive, is that correct?  (There also seems to be
debian-multimedia, but as that is just an unofficial archive, it should
be mentioned.)

Hmmm... Now it get's complicated regarding security:  Do I understand it
correctly, that a) security updates are pushed there, too?  and b) that
due to the GeoDNS thingy, users don't need to (or even should not=)
change their sources.list for to point to the security mirror?

Best regards,
  Alexander