Re: [Re: Debian mirrors in China]

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:55:19PM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> With my mirroradm hat, I was about to propose a line in the DPN, in order to
> encourage Chinese users to use ftp.cn.debian.org, something like:
>
> « The mirror team is please to announce the new ftp.cn.debian.org Debian mirror
> in China, hosted by University of Science and Technology of China. We encourage
> Chinese users to switch to that mirror, which is available in IPv6 too. »

Thanks a lot for this line, which is a very nice one to have. I still
believe the change in mirroring quality would deserve a dedicated Debian
News announce, but I cannot volunteer to write one myself, so DPN would
be better than nothing :-)

On the other hand, if either you or Aron would be willing to draft an
announcement, which might also be brief, I believe there won't be any
problem in sending it out as a separate announcement.  Aron, if you
would be so kind in doing that, I suggest you have a look at the News
archive linked from www.debian.org. If you could mail a plain text draft
to the -publicity list, we'll then take over from there.

Cheers.